Saturday, July 8, 2017

B 250 week 12

This week we learned more about optimizing our web sites and using social media effectively.  I have a hard time digesting and retaining a lot of this stuff at once.  I bookmarked some of the pages that looked particularly useful so that I can go back and use them later.

I have learned that original content is particularly helpful.  It is content not found elsewhere and any links to it will go back to my site.
I also need to add quick links to social media sites to make it super easy for users to share my site.
I also plan to come up with a survey - and more than one eventually - to find out what users most want to find on the site.

It has been a tough week because I have been pulled away from the computer and my school work too much - dealing with other people's problems.  I need to get more done on the site.

An interesting thing happened though - showing the importance of developing and not just letting things sit.  Last week I simply added an arrow pointing down so that users would scroll to find more information.  Since I did this, the conversion rate went from 2 to 32.  So, I got them to click.  Now I need to get them to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment